Annual boiler servicing has many advantages, both from a safety perspective, but also a financial one:
- A clean burner and heat exchanger allows the transfer of heat to move easier, saving you money on your energy bills. Whereas a dirty burner will not only cost you money due to inefficiency, but can also pose a gas safety risk. This may lead to a higher risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. For more information on the dangers of CO poisoning, read what Gas Safe has to say about it here.
- The seals in a boiler which prevent the products of combustion escaping into the property may deteriorate over time. An annual inspection of these seals is vital to ensure the safe operation of the boiler, which will also help to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Most boilers (especially a modern Combi) contain a plethora of components such as pumps, valves, fans, thermostats etc. An inspection of these components can help to identify faulty parts before they fail, saving you time and money.
- Depending on the boiler, here is a list of just some of the checks and processes we perform on a normal boiler service
- Cleaning the burner and heat exchanger
- Cleaning the condensate trap (if applicable)
- Testing of safety devices such as thermocouples, pressure relief valves, boiler lockout process etc.
- Checking all gas pressures
- Electronic analysis of the flue gases and readjustment of gas valve if required
- Inspection of the flue’s terminal, joints and seals
- Inspection of any spark/sensing electrodes
- Visual inspection and replacement (if necessary) of combustion chamber/air box seals
- Visual inspection of internal pipework, joints and seals for signs of corrosion or leaks
- Checking fans and pumps for correct and healthy operation
- Checking and re-pressurising any expansion vessel
- Removal of general dust build up within the boiler casing
- Inspection of the appliance with regards to its installation conforming to the relevant building guidelines and recommendations.
- Performing a tightness test at the meter which looks for any leaks on the gas pipework
We are able to service all makes and models of boiler, so if you would like to arrange a visit, give us a call today.